There’s something so comforting and nostalgic about a breakfast cereal. What if you could have one that was raw vegan? Our Buckwheaties are not only a fantastic morning (or anytime) option, but buckwheat is also gluten free, great for helping to lower cholesterol, and fighting high blood pressure.
Hulled Buckwheat Groats
Cinnamon & Stevia optional
- Soak hulled buckwheat groats in three times as much water as buckwheat for one hour.
- Drain water, and refill container. Continue this sequence until the water runs clear.
- Pour into a colander, rinse and let it sit again for another hour or so.
- Rinse until they no longer stick together.
- At this point, leave your buckwheat to sprout overnight.
- The next day, place in dehydrator (105 degrees Fahrenheit) and dehydrate overnight.
* Buckwheaties can be stored at room temperature for about one month in an airtight container.
Buckwheat milk: Blend 1/2 cup of prepared buckwheat grouts in 2 cups of water. Pour on top of “cereal” and add cinnamon and stevia if desired.