Sugaring is an ancient middle-eastern practice that uses an all-natural paste made of only sugar, water and lemon juice to remove the hair follicle from the root. Depending on one's hair growth rate, results can last up to six weeks and sugaring requires only 1/8′ to 1/2′ of hair growth for removal. Benefits of sugaring include:
- There are no waxes, preservatives or resin in the unique sugar paste so no bacteria, contamination or cross contamination.
- Sugaring is less painful than waxing because your sugar adheres to the hair, not the skin as the water hydrates the follicle and extracts only the hair.
- Large amounts of hair can be removed at once, and finished faster than waxing.
- The paste is very gentle and can be reapplied over an area that was just sugared to remove stubborn hairs, without fear of irritation.
- The hair is removed in the natural direction of its growth. Over time, frequent sugaring can cause the hairs to stop growing.