Andy and Hippocrates Health Institute are a perfect fit. He has been deeply involved in natural living since the ‘60’s, grew an organic pumpkin patch at his college campus, along with trays of wheatgrass on his dorm balcony, had four recipes published in the New York Times Natural Foods Cookbook in 1970, and lived in an intentional community in rural Georgia, tending the huge organic garden and serving in the homegrown nursery school till 1974.
Andy worked with children for many years, and went on to work in hospitals as an RN. In was in the ICU where Andy first formulated his ideas about “the invisible factors of healing” and became especially fascinated with inner, interpersonal, and family dynamics, and how they played into the overall health and healing picture. The advance to mental health counseling was a natural next step.
Andy has served as a mind/body psychotherapist at Hippocrates since December of 1990, using and teaching radical feeling-centered, body-focused awareness tools to help Hippocrates guests discover the essence of their problems and arrive at solutions. He conducts private sessions with individuals, couples and families, and also facilitates the ongoing Healing Circle Therapy and Support Group.
Andy Professional Accreditations and Accomplishments:
* Masters of Science in Psychology
* Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
* Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
* Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (CCH)
* Registered Nurse (RN)
* Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
* Founder of The National Association of Nurse Massage Therapists (NANMT)
* 1995 nominee Norman Cousins Award
* 1995 nominee Rosalyn Carter Caregiver Award
* Contributing author to Young Scientist Journeys (Butrous Foundation Press, 2010)
* Contributing author to the Encyclopedia of Complementary Health Practices (Springer Press, 1999)
* Contributing author to Cancer Report: The Latest Research; How Thousands Are Achieving Permanent Recoveries, (Change Your World Press, 2005)
A guest expressed of Andy’s counseling style: “The humor Andy uses is relaxing and effective. His style appears effortless and easy, and yet is direct and keen.”
Dr. Janet Hranicky, Founder and president of The American Health Institute says: “Andy is one of the most brilliant clinicians I have ever had the privilege to watch in action. His candor and humor coupled with his strong scientific training and expertise in mind/body medicine provide him an ability to intervene with individuals with a Group Process Model to achieve amazing results quickly and successfully!”
Ken Wydro, author of Secrets: The Untold Story of Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung, says: “Andy is masterful in probing, in eliciting, in getting to the core with humor, insight, and compassion.”
Comedian, Actor, and Writer, Eddie Brill, says: “Andy combines compassion, vulnerability, and humor in his session. I have changed my life completely for the better and my work with Andy is the rock from which I get my strength.”
Read about his deep feeling therapy approach and about his model and techniques for self-transformation in his book, “Deep Feeling, Deep Healing: The Heart, Mind, and Soul of Getting Well,” also available in French and Russian.