Everyone goes crazy at Raw Fest for our Banana “Nice Cream” with our simply perfect Date Carob Sauce. When you freeze bananas and then put them through an auger press juicer (using the blank attachment), you will create a tasty alternative to ice cream that is just as thick and creamy as the cow’s milk-based variety!
Ingredients for Nice Cream (Yield 4 cups):
- 6 bananas, peeled and frozen
Ingredients for Sauce (Yield 2 cups):
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- One-half vanilla bean, chopped
- 4 black olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons raw carob powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pure water
1. Cream the frozen bananas with an auger juicer using the blank attachment. The result will be a creamy substance resembling soft serve ice cream.
2. To create your sauce, combine all of the ingredients and process them until they are smooth and creamy. You can adjust sauce consistency with pure water.
You can also flavor the sauce using mint, orange, raspberry, strawberry, mango, pineapple or fresh berries.