Cream of Asparagus Soup (Raw Vegan)12 Jun 2018
We hope you enjoy this recipe for a cool and creamy summer soup compliments of Executive Chef Ken Blue of the Hippocrates kitchen!
5 C. Nut Cream (1/2 Almond - 1/2 Pine Nut)
1 Bunch Asparagus (no leaves)
4 Stalks Celery
3/4 T. Garlic Powder
1/4 Sweet Onion
1.5 T. Kelp Powder
1.5 T. Dried Thyme
1/2 T. Frontier Pizza Seasoning
1 oz Lemon Juice
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, spices, celery, onion and cream*.
- Blend for 20 seconds and set aside.
- Take 1/2 of asparagus and chop very fine by hand or in food processor.
- Take the other 1/2 of asparagus and slice thin or a bias.
- Combine asparagus with creamy broth and enjoy.
*Directions for Nut Cream
Soak almonds and pine nuts overnight. Rinse and discard water.
Blend 1 cup almonds with 1 cup water and squeeze through sprout/nut milk bag.
Blend 1 cup pine nuts with 1 cup water and squeeze through sprout/nut milk bag.
Continue this alternating process until you reach the 5 cups needed for the recipe.
-This is the basis for making what we call nut cream, which is good for any cream soup base or nut milk ice cream.