General Detoxification Tonics23 Dec 2015
Author: Lindsay Johnson
Read time: 2 min
Had a little too much over the holidays? The below detoxification practices are staples for a healthy body all year long.
General Detoxification Tonics
- Upon waking, drink lemon water with up to one-half teaspoon of cayenne pepper. This helps to open up the circulatory system and alkalinize the body fluids, increasing the rate of detoxification.
- Fast one day every week, consuming only freshly-squeezed green drinks, vegetable juices, purified water, and herbal teas. These fasting days will allow any potential long-term toxins to be released before they can cause serious damage.
- Exercise daily, Aerobic, resistance, and stretching exercises speed the elimination process.
- Do not treat your detoxification symptoms with drugs or vitamins. Detoxification symptoms are part of a healing process. Don’t try to heal a symptom of healing.
- Let fevers below 103 degrees run their course. A fever is an indication that the body is working overtime to cleanse the body.
- The body needs energy to dispel toxins. The more you rest and sleep when the symptoms are present, the milder they are and the more quickly they are terminated.