Mushroom Dip ( Raw Vegan)
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked 8 to 12 hours
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, soaked 8 to 12 hours
- 3 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos (optional)
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Drain and rinse the sunflower seeds and walnuts, and transfer them to a food processor fitted with the S blade.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, red bell pepper, scallions, celery, and water, and process until well combined.
- Add the olive oil and Bragg Liquid Aminos, and process until smooth.
- Add a small amount of water, if necessary, to facilitate blending and achieve the desired consistency.
- Stir in Italian seasoning to taste, if desired.
Need to bring a dish to a potluck or friends house? This special-occasion recipe is versatile enough to satisfy most group events. Serve it with slices of your favorite vegetables or flax crackers.
This recipe was featured in Brian Clements book Lifeforce.