- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- ½ tsp. kelp powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ gram saffron (1/2 small jar Frontier brand)
- 1 cup pine nuts (soaked and rinsed)
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Toss over zucchini – sliced on a mandolin to make fettuccine or spiralized to make noodles.
- Then add following ingredients as desired: Sliced red bell peppers Pitted Kalamata olives Sliced red onion Asparagus cut on the bias Sliced mixed mushrooms lightly seasoned with Braggs Liquid Aminos and a pinch of garlic powder.
This vibrantly colored dish is satisfying to your taste buds and easy on your waist. In small doses, saffron has a subtle taste and aroma and pairs well with savory dishes. Saffron is touted as a powerful antioxidant to protect your cells against free radicals and oxidative stress.