One day during her senior year, Ruth Whalen broke out in hives. She assumed she was allergic to the clams she had eaten earlier in the week and an emergency room doctor injected her with epinephrine (adrenaline). She became psychotic. Unknowingly, she had an anaphylactic response — not to eating clams, but to drinking Coca-Cola. Ruth was allergic to caffeine. Already overstimulated, the adrenaline took her over the edge.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed