Vegan Nog Ice Cream
- 2 C. Almonds
- 1 C. Pine Nuts
- 3 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- First you will need to make your two separate batches of nut milk.
- Combine 2 cups of almonds with 2 cups of water, blend and strain through a nut bag.
- Next combine 1 cup of pine nuts with 1 cup water, blend and strain through a nut bag.
- Combine both nut milks in a blender, add 3 Medjool Dates, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, and 1 Tbsp Vanilla.
- Blend and place into your home ice cream maker till frozen!
Here in south Florida our holidays are hardly the winter wonderland depicted in seasonal cards. So while the rest of the country settles in with a warm beverage we like to keep it on the cooler side after coming back from the beach. What better way to capture the essence of the holiday season in our warm climate than with a beautifully creamy Vegan Nog Ice Cream! Even if your current residence requires more than a sweater this recipe is perfect for when your fireplace has left you craving a cool holiday treat.
Don’t have an ice cream maker? Freeze 3/4 of your nog in ice cube trays and keep the other 1/4 in the fridge till they are fully frozen. Place the cubes and unfrozen nog mixture into your blender and blend on high till you have the perfect “Nog Shake” consistency!